Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Self-Care...

So as a social worker, wow it still hasn't sunk it I have a degree yet, and a graduate student, I have been learning how much power these two little words have.  Self-care in a nut shell is taking the time to take care of yourself.  Although it is used a lot in helping professions it also is so important everyone to take care of themselves physically, mentally, and spiritually.  I always thought that it meant you had to have a hobby you enjoyed or take relaxing trips.  Oh how quickly I have learned differently!  Self-care can be as simple as taking a shower or for me, starting to write on here more.     I look at it this way, we are like cars.  When we have a full tank of gas we can go where we need to, but when our gas runs out we are stuck.  We are the cars and self-care is our gas.  Everyday we work and give to others we are using gas.  After awhile there is just no more left to give and we burnout.  By taking time for ourselves by doing something we love we will never run out and be able to continue giving to those around us.  Ok, so my self-care is reading, watching movies, and laying in bed all day.  Not very exciting, but very helpful when I feel like I just can not go to another Research class without having a nervous breakdown.  So lovelies what do y'all to do to take care of yourselves?  

No comments:

Post a Comment