Saturday, September 15, 2012

It's Football Time...

So today I have been super productive and cleaned the house, did laundry, and decided I would try a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  I will preface this by say I am a HUGE Ole Miss fan and will be till the day I die no matter how many of my friends try to convince me to yell Go Big Orange.  I say this because I found a really yummy sounding recipe called Mississippi Roast and since it is game day I thought lets cook something to celebrate the Rebels. I substituted a couple of ingredients,  I used brown gravy mix instead of Au Jus, I also used pepperoncini rings (hubby doesn't like the big ones and its easier to hide the rings!), and trying to cut the fat a little I used a fourth of a stick a butter and a third of a cup of water.

Mississippi Roast

I got this wonderful crock pot roast recipe from a blogger named Laurie.
(Laurie's life: http://lseo.blogspot.com/) She got it from her husband's Aunt and lots of her blog followers are now sold on this roast.

1. Buy a chuck roast.

2. Put it in the crock pot.


3. Sprinkle Hidden Valley ranch dressing on top.


4. Sprinkle McCormick Brown Gravy Mix on top.

Put a stick of butter on top.

Put about 5 pepperoncini peppers on top.
(You buy them in a jar.)
.
Do NOT add water.
.
Cook in crock pot on low for about 8 hours.

The roast ended up super tender and the gravy was amazing I roasted some veggies to go with it, I heard that the mixes make the veggies really salty if you cook them together.  So all in all I will call this Pinterest recipe a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment