Monday, October 22, 2012

Let's talk about giving...

Well I was reading one of my favorite blogs Kelly's Korner, and I ran across a post about her favorite charities.  I thought, hummm, I should join in!  I have a few that are very near and dear to my heart.

As a kid I got into a lot of trouble, and used substances to help me deal with my depression and anxiety.  Teen Challenge helped me to become the God-fearing, well adjusted adult I am now.  They help so many people every year and I just wanted to share them first.

                             

Secondly, my family supports Operation Christmas Child.  It is a huge deal around Christmas for my hubby and I to go shopping for fun trinkets to fill up a couple of shoe boxes.   These boxes go to children all over the world.  Some of these children have nothing and the gift we send my be all they get so we always try to make each box as special as possible.  I have been participating in Operation Christmas Child since I was a kid, and I hope one day I will be able to share this tradition with my own children.

                                                   

Last, but definitely not least is Mercy Ministries.  This is a program that helps women in need whether it be abuse, eating disorders, or sex trafficking   It is a free of charge ministry and the donations they receive go to help the women the serve.  Nancy Alcorn, the founder of Mercy Ministries, is such an amazing Godly woman.  I was able to go to their yearly blowout a couple of years ago at Vanderbilt, and meet her and some of the girls from the program.  It's amazing to hear their stories, and see how each of them has grown since becoming part of Mercy.

                                             

I linked each picture to the organization so you can check them all out for yourself.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment